I hope everyone had a wonderful Diwali and festive season! This truly is one of my favorite times of the year. In addition to spending time with loved ones and enjoying delicious holiday foods, I always look forward to this time for all of it’s #EthnicGlam. As much as I love wearing beautiful Indian clothes and jewelry, the look is never complete without some Bollywood-worthy makeup 🙂
I’ve tried my fair share of eyeshadows over the years and I always turn to MAC for my go-to metallics and shimmers. I used these as a beginner and they are great for a fool-proof and consistent application. So far, I haven’t experienced any exaggeration of fine lines with these shadows, which is a major plus for the 30+ sector!
Liquid liner with a flick is pretty much a staple for any South Asian look and I have been having such an easy time of it with the Makeup Revolution liquid liner pen. I bought it for the beautiful rose gold packaging (yep, I’m a sucker!), but it really is one of the best liquid liners I’ve ever used! For my finishing touch, I decided to go for an iconic lipstick, MAC Ruby Woo, and for a bit of Desi flair, I topped it with a Smashbox liquid lip for the perfect bronzy, metallic finish.
- Josie Maran Vibrancy Argan Oil Concealer – Medium (under eyes)
- Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme -M29 Neutral (other areas of face)
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbursh Flawless Finish Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder – 2 Medium (under eyes and T-zone)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish – Give Me Sun! (bronzer)
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush – Montage
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
- Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer
- MAC Tete-A-Tint, Un-Interrupted and Kid (mixed together in the crease)
- MAC Amber Lights and Rice Paper (applied all over lid and lower lash line, in that order)
- Makeup Revolution Renaissance Flick Eyeliner Pen
- Lancome Cils Booster XL Mascara Primer
- CoverGirl Clump Crusher by LashBlast Water Resistant – Very Black
- MAC Retro Matte Lipstick – Ruby Woo
- Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Pigment – Girl, Please
I’m excited to experiment with more bold eye looks this Fall/Winter Season. Please share any palette recommendations, I’m itching to play with new shadows! I’m leaning towards the Anastasia Beverly Hills Sultry Palette, thoughts?