Like every true, card-carrying millenial, I am addicted to Amazon Prime. I’ve been Prime-ing for the better part of the last two decades and it’s only gotten better with time! Two–day shipping has become my way of life. And let’s not get started on how many boxes my husband and I have to break down every week to keep our house from looking like UPS
Prime has become such a phenomenon that it’s all over YouTube as well! So, it’s no surprise that after non-stop binging YouTube ‘Amazon Favorites’ videos, I want to share my must haves, too! My picks are kind of random and don’t fit into any one category, but I use all of these on a daily basis and I haven’t heard much buzz about them yet:
- Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil – This oil has totally changed my life (yes, I’m dramatic)! I have dry skin and it wasn’t until facial oils became ‘trendy’ that my skin really started to feel moisturized and healthy. Rosehip oil is great because in addition to being a hydrating, lightweight, non-greasy oil that easily absorbs into the skin, it’s a safe and natural alternative to retinol, providing skin plumping and smoothing benefits. I selected the Radha Beauty brand because it is really highly reviewed and at a great price point.
- Kitchen IQ Knife Sharpener – I was introduced to this gem by The Kitchen (on Food Network) and wow! This has been a total game changer. I have always struggled with chopping onions and tomatoes with my inexpensive knives. Now, when I feel the blades getting dull, I can whip out this $5.99 wonder and in a matter of seconds, I’m slicin’ and dicin’ like a pro. Definitely check this out!
- Disposable Toilet Seat Covers – As soon as my now 4-year-old was potty-trained, he proceeded to take me on the world-wide tour of public restrooms (ew!). The cleanliness of every stall is a gamble and I really cannot say “do not touch anything” enough. Unlike the traditional toilet seat covers that may be provided in the stall, these covers extend well past the seat on all three sides to greatly minimize the ick factor! Each cover comes individually wrapped and is very handy in a purse or diaper bag. A necessity for kids of all ages!
- Mesh Laundry Bags – I’ve had one too many laundry-related mishaps where my favorite pieces have been damaged. Since then, I have become quite particular about taking care of my clothes. These bags have helped tremendously in ensuring that my clothes come out of the washer in the same condition as when they went in (minus stains, of course 😉 ). I usually separate out knits, items with embellishments/embroidery/distressing, denim, and undergarments and group them into bags before throwing them into the washer. Once the cycle is complete, I take out the bags and hang the clothes to dry. No more pulled threads, poking underwires, or damaged lace! These are also great to group socks together to save them from the mysteries of the dryer 🙂 . These bags are great and have lasted me a couple of years without any signs of wear.
- Brown Sugar Bear – As someone who enjoys baking and eating oatmeal, I’m always using brown sugar. Even though I store it in a dry, air-tight container, it can still end up hard and difficult to manage. This is where this awesome, re-usable, Terracotta bear saves the day! All you have to do is soak the bear in water, pat it dry and place it in your brown sugar container. It’s humectant properties will keep your sugar soft for up to six months. This bear can also be used to keep cookies and dried fruits moist, as well!
- AirPods case with ear hooks – I am a huge fan of my Apple AirPods, because of this great find! I purchased these once before and returned them because the ear buds’ sleek, one-size-fits-all shape was uncomfortable and would not stay in my ear. Now, I just pop on the ear hooks and my AirPods fit comfortably and stay in place until I remove them. The silicone cover is great for adding a bit of protection and pizzaz to the case.
With their seemingly endless options and helpful reviews, Amazon makes shopping in my pajamas a little too easy sometimes. I would love to hear about your holy grail purchases…not that I need more reasons to shop, but you never know what other awesomeness is out there 😉