Note: This post was inspired by a dear, expecting friend of mine who I wanted to pamper with some nontoxic goodies! That being said, each of the products I selected for her can be used by anyone, man or woman, expecting or not! Nothing here is “maternity specific”. That’s the true beauty of going clean 😉 Of course, if you are pregnant, please be sure to research each of the products and ensure they are approved by your doctor.
While Baby Showers are amazing opportunities to bless the expecting couple with all of the gizmos and gadgets they need to prepare themselves for the wonderful chaos of parenthood, I’ve always believed that a Sprinkle is a time to shower the veteran Mama with some TLC. She is already equipped with baby know-how (I mean, she’s living the mom life 24/7) and has her arsenal of contraptions, hand-me-downs, and Amazon Mom, but what she really needs is a bit of pampering before she welcomes her next bundle of joy. Hence, the care package! Now, I know that there are services out there that have pre-set care boxes that you can order and send, but that would just deprive me of the most fun part: curating the product selection (aka shopping) and personalizing it with the recipient in mind! If you, too, enjoy the art of gifting or are just a major product junkie looking for inspiration (no judgement here), read on for all the details.
I really wanted to be thoughtful when creating this box to provide not only some necessities, but the types of things that she may not have tried before or would be helpful in the coming months. I broke things down into a few major categories and selected a couple items from each. After all, I didn’t want this to come across as overwhelming, not everyone is as product-crazy as me! Here are the categories and products I selected for my mommy-to-be friend:
- Haircare — Pregnancy can be a great time for hair. No shedding means thick, luscious locks. But with more hair, comes more hair maintenance. I selected these two Innersense Products after consulting with the brand’s customer support team. I told them I was looking for a heat protectant and they recommended the Sweet Spirit Leave In Conditioner to hydrate, detangle, and prepare the hair for styling, and the Quiet Calm Curl Control to seal cuticles and prevent frizz (and not just for curly hair!). I would have never have expected that this duo could function as a heat protectant, but it always it a good idea to consult the brand for assistance!
- Makeup — New motherhood, especially the second time around, doesn’t leave much
time for primping (much less showering). I’m a huge fan of multitasking, cream products that can easily be thrown into a diaper bag and applied on the go! I selected the Ilia Multistick in Fine Romance. This is described as a universal berry shade, and could be applied to the cheeks, lips and eyelids. And for a bit of variety, I also added the RMS Beauty Cream Eyeshadow in Solar, a golden bronze that can be applied to the eyelids or as a cream highlight on the high points of the face. You can never go wrong with a bit of color and glow 🙂 !
- Skincare — While most aspects of facial skincare can be very personal, makeup removal can be a safer bet when gifting. The One Love Organics Charcoal Konjac Sponge is recommended for all skin types and is a great way to combine makeup removal with exfoliation, pore cleansing and skin detoxification, thanks to the charcoal component. I paired this with the Juice Beauty Cleansing Milk which deeply cleanses the skin while toning and hydrating.
- Body Care — When I think of treating yourself and self-care, I always imagine a relaxing bath with candles and rose petals. To give this gorgeous mama-to-be a little TLC, I threw in a couple of all-natural, rose-inspired body products. The Organic Bath Co. Rose Bath Salts have a mix of Himalayan pink salt and magnesium chloride flakes to soothe tired muscles and detox the skin. And after a relaxing soak, the Organic Bath Co. Rose Body Butter will lock in the softness with a hydrating combination of shea butter, argan oil and Moroccan rose essential oil.
- Baby Care — And of course, how we can forget the true reason for the celebration, the wonderful newcomer! I had to throw in some clean baby products, specifically the Erbaviva brand’s Baby Shampoo and Body Wash. Both of these formulas are soothing and hydrating and can be used by the whole family, including any older siblings, as well. Kids can be messy, so one can really never have too many bathtime products!
I hope this post inspires anyone who is looking for a personalized and and special way to shower a much-deserving friend with the gift of pampering via clean beauty. The best part about this type of gift is that it’s completely customizable and, when purchased at Follain, return/exchange-able as well! We might not always be able to find the perfect match, but Follain’s support team is there to ensure the gift recipient’s satisfaction! Feel free to apply promo code: ref_bittafab for 15% off your order.
For more Clean Beauty, please check out the other posts in this series:
Disclaimer: I am not an expert or physician, so please consult a professional when using products while pregnant or on children. Additionally, I purchased these products from Follain myself. These are my own selections, nothing was sent to me for consideration.